cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I know Transfer is still beta, but is there a way to turn off notifications for it?  I get an email and a badge on the dropbox menubar icon every time a file is downloaded.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots, @mnc50515!

Although there isn't currently a way to change the notification settings specifically for this feature, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. 

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to some extent. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Any email notifications that can be enabled/disabled can be found on your Notifications page, while any notifications from the Dropbox application can be enabled/disabled through Dropbox Preferences.

Transfer notices do not appear to be listed as an option.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @mnc50515

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! Let's see what we can find. 

As @Rich mentions, desktop app notifications can be changed from the Notifications section in your Preferences.

To ensure troubleshooting though, could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you see on your Dropbox icon so as to have a better visual understanding of this?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

screenshot:Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.36.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.36.41 PM.png

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

emails are as so... Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 4.39.30 PM.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots, @mnc50515!

Although there isn't currently a way to change the notification settings specifically for this feature, I'd be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. 

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to some extent. 

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok thank you. That’s what beta is for! Overall I really like the feature and it’s super easy to use.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, @mnc50515

If you have any other questions or feedback for us, don't hesitate to give us a nudge. :grin:

In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

e1darie1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I hope dropbox team will add function to disable all notifications , aspesially from email. Now it's a nightmare getiing every hour email that someone download your file.

bl0m
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Been looking for the same function too, would love to use transfer more but the spam (especially getting an email for every download) is holding me back right now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Marlom New member | Level 2
    ianrobbo10 New member | Level 2
    pk_nyc Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    PR8 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?