cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

How do you turn off Dropbox Transfer notifications

mnc50515
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I know Transfer is still beta, but is there a way to turn off notifications for it?  I get an email and a badge on the dropbox menubar icon every time a file is downloaded.

32 Replies 32

pk_nyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Was just directed here by support. After a couple back and forth emails over two days, where they insisted I just needed to go to settings to turn off these notifications, they were like "oh, whoops, guess you can't. Maybe go post the idea and see if anyone agrees?"

Of course I see the idea was already posted 1,206 days ago, and no one has done anything about it.

How does it make sense to add a new type of notification and not take the trivial additional step of adding a checkbox for it alongside the other checkboxes to control notifications?!

ianrobbo10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How has this still not been fixed after almost FOUR YEARS of people complaining about it? I reckon I get about 50 emails a day from Dropbox Transfer - about to expire / you've created a link / someone has downloaded your file, all of which I delete without even looking at them. And your support team still clearly have no idea about it as they told me to turn off notifications in settings. I'm going to stop using this service, it's adding a whole extra layer of admin to my already busy working day and it's frankly a joke that you can't get your sh*t together enough to make this minor change after four years of complaints about it. Looking for another cloud service provider as of today.

Marlom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’m starting to hate Dropbox with the Transfer notifications.  Quit using it.  How can I get just a plain email with the Send ? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Marlom New member | Level 2
    ianrobbo10 New member | Level 2
    pk_nyc Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    PR8 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?