cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off link previews on Paper?

How to turn off link previews on Paper?

monerap
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I created a doc called "links". When I copy my links to doc, I want to see only URLs, not thumbnails. Is this possible?dd.jpg

33 Replies 33

Weem
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is a follow up to the follow "Solved" posted - https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/How-to-turn-off-link-previews-on-Paper/td-p/32...

Every time I paste a URL into Paper, I can't actually see the URL. Instead, a giant thumbnail of the website appears. I can't for the life of me figure out how to see only the link without using a code block.

Please someone tell me that older post just hasn't been updated and there is a work around for this issue.

What's very odd to me is that Dropbox would have to go out of their way to implement this functionality. Why would they think people want a giant thumbnail every time they paste URL, as opposed to just the URL itself?

It's extremely disheartening that they were made aware of this issue over SIX months ago and there still is no fix. It seems like yet another big tech case of, 'we know what our customers want better than they know what they want' - I very much hope that's not the case.

Thank you!

Ben O.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Just dump Dropbox. I did, and am happy using something else. They’re not going to make changes that normal consumers want. They’re trying to focus on business and “creatives.”

Weem
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The fact that the admins simply moved my post into this one instead of anyone actually answering the question speaks volumes to their commitment to customer service.

What a trash way to handle a clear issue that we're all experiencing.

nicksoper
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter.
In addition to the code block ``` you can also add the links inside a table. You can delete all the rows and columns and just leave one cell.

I hope this extra option is of value to Paper users.

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 08.51.45.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nicksoper New member | Level 2
    Weem Helpful | Level 5
    Ben O. Helpful | Level 6
    izgzhen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?