cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I downloaded my files and got a corrupt file

I downloaded my files and got a corrupt file

MJoseMijangos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I had to register again to try and solve this issue cuz I really want to recover my files. I had videos and photos  very important to me and I can't believe I lost them now. So, please, anyome, if you can help me I'll be really thankful!

So, first, I decided to delete my previous account. For reasons, I had Dropbox for a long time and I had 5GB of space. I downloaded this files and decided to delete my previous account. In part, I am to blame for not checking before deleting my account... But the file I downloaded, didn't give me any sort of error and neither Dropbox told me I could or couldn't download my files. So, I did what I'm used to do. Grab a folder, download that folder and then delete the files.

So, now it turns out that the file I downloaded around 2GB, can't be opened. It doesn't show me any files, even though the zip says it has a little over 2GB of files. Please help! Is there a way I can recover my files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MJoseMijangos wrote:
I was fearing that... but I still have the zip file, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it?

Nothing from the Dropbox side as you already deleted the account. I'd try opening the Zip file on another computer, or maybe use a different software such as 7Zip, Winrar, etc., to see if they can open it.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MJoseMijangos wrote:

I decided to delete my previous account. ... Please help! Is there a way I can recover my files?

If you deleted your account, there's no way to recover files from that account. The account and any files in it would already be gone.

MJoseMijangos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I was fearing that... but I still have the zip file, there's absolutely nothing I can do about it?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MJoseMijangos wrote:

Nothing from the Dropbox side as you already deleted the account. I'd try opening the Zip file on another computer, or maybe use a different software such as 7Zip, Winrar, etc., to see if they can open it.

MJoseMijangos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Well... thank you so much for your answer! I'll try using other software!

RajeshVictor
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Yes whatever files I download it's not downloaded and msg pop up that download failure. Can anyone help me.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @RajeshVictor , sorry to see you're having this issue.

How large are the files you're trying to download?

Have you tried from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that works?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RajeshVictor
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
The same happened with me.

RajeshVictor
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
You are absolutely Correct.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @RajeshVictor , just to clarify, did trying from a different browser help at all?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?