cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble deleting photos from my account

I'm having trouble deleting photos from my account

lilbeedee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have googled for how to delete photos in Dropbox, but the answer that comes back is to click on the ellipsis, the 3 dots, in the upper right corner - but there is none there. There is no menu to delete anywhere, and I know to be on the Timeline view, and not the Preview. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lilbeedee wrote:

The page SAYS I'm in the Timeline...

Do you mean the Photos page? If so, that's the problem. You can't delete from the Photos page. You can only delete from the Files view.

If you can't find a photo in the FIles view or don't know where it is, when you're on the Photos page you can click the ellipsis and select Show in folder. That will take you to the photo in the actual folder where it resides, and you can delete it from there.

2f2a2b9bf3bb8fa48fc19be61e039bd4.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hey @lilbeedee,

So you can't delete from the Preview, you have to do it in the "Timeline" view as you say from the Web Client.

lilbeedee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Well yes that's what I said...that there is NO option to delete FROM THE TIMELINE VIEW. That is what I need help with.  Thanks!

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hey @lilbeedee

Take a look at my screenshot below:

delete_button.png

You should see the delete option there after you click the 3 dots.

lilbeedee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yeah I don't know....it's just not there. The page SAYS I'm in the Timeline...but it shows thumbnails of all the photos. The ellipsis in the BOTTOM right.  When clicked on it gives a list of options, such as: Share, Share link, Show in folder, Download, Add comment, Star, Version history.  

Am I in the wrong place??  I must be, but I don't know where to go.   Thank you again!

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Try going here https://www.dropbox.com/home and deleting the files directly.

lilbeedee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Oh well.  This shows me my folders that contain the photos. When I check an individual photo OR click on the photo to open, I only find an ellipsis in one of two places: one is on the photo in the upper right corner, the other is on the full screen view in the lower right corner. Neither of these list "Delete" in the menu that pops up. Oh well. Fail for me.

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hey @lilbeedee dont open the file. Just click the 3 dots before you click on the actual file. Then you will see the delete option.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lilbeedee wrote:

The page SAYS I'm in the Timeline...

Do you mean the Photos page? If so, that's the problem. You can't delete from the Photos page. You can only delete from the Files view.

If you can't find a photo in the FIles view or don't know where it is, when you're on the Photos page you can click the ellipsis and select Show in folder. That will take you to the photo in the actual folder where it resides, and you can delete it from there.

2f2a2b9bf3bb8fa48fc19be61e039bd4.png

lilbeedee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Okay thank you! At last this has worked for me...it was the "Show in folder" tip that allowed me to get to the place where deleting is an option. Thanks for hanging in here with me! Much appreciated.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lilbeedee Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    atccodex Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?