cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only able to viewed or is possible edit?

Only able to viewed or is possible edit?

antoniovandre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

A time ago, I shared a directory, and I not have trueless of it's only for view or if it is possible others to edit. Can You awnser me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @antoniovandre, let's jump right into this! 

If I understand your need, it sounds like you shared a link a while back, and now you need to know if it's a "can view" one, or a "can edit" one, right? 

Provided this isn't the case, don't hesitate to let me know. You can always try to access said link using an incognito tab on your browser.

That way you wouldn't be signed into your account, and you'd be able to see what other people also see on their end. Keep in mind that you can manage your default sharing settings by going to https://www.dropbox.com/account/sharing on Dropbox.com in your web browser. 

There you can check and make your default access for link sharing "view" instead of "edit, and vice versa.

I hope this helps! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @antoniovandre, let's jump right into this! 

If I understand your need, it sounds like you shared a link a while back, and now you need to know if it's a "can view" one, or a "can edit" one, right? 

Provided this isn't the case, don't hesitate to let me know. You can always try to access said link using an incognito tab on your browser.

That way you wouldn't be signed into your account, and you'd be able to see what other people also see on their end. Keep in mind that you can manage your default sharing settings by going to https://www.dropbox.com/account/sharing on Dropbox.com in your web browser. 

There you can check and make your default access for link sharing "view" instead of "edit, and vice versa.

I hope this helps! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?