cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering deleted files from 6 months ago?

Recovering deleted files from 6 months ago?

Kaplan34
New member | Level 2

So I have client that failed to download her images from the link I provided over 5 months ago.  I deleted the folder, god knows, I don't even know how long ago and she contacted me a week ago and asked if i can resend the images.  For some reason I cannot find them on ANY of my drives...  so I am HOPING i can bring them all back up into my dropbox?  Should I restore my dropbox back a couple of months?  Would that work?  Is there no one I can directly contact?

17 Replies 17

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Kaplan34, thanks for posting your query today.

I'm afraid that you can't really restore files that were deleted more than 30 days ago.

A Professional or Business account would have a bigger restoration window, but it doesn't work retroactively.

So, even if you upgraded, you wouldn't be able to restore files deleted that long ago.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

damdam7
New member | Level 2

I would like to get all files I ever uploaded to drobox restored, especially ones that were auto uploaded from camera gallery.

will pay of a subscription.

Can anyone from drobox help? those files are all older than 30 days

Rich
Super User II

@damdam7 wrote:

I would like to get all files I ever uploaded to drobox restored ... those files are all older than 30 days

Unfortunately, that won't be possible. Once beyond your recovery period, files cannot be restored.

• Dropbox Basic, Plus, and Family users have 30 days.
  • Dropbox Professional and Business users have 180 days.

Also note that upgrading after the fact does not extend the recovery time for files that have already been deleted.

dimitra vidinioti
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone! Can you please help me?  Is there any case I can get back deleted photos over than 6 years? Thank you !

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dimitra vidinioti, thanks for posting here!

What is your subscription while we speak? 

I'm afraid that it's highly impossible to restore content that has been deleted that far back. Unless you have a plan with EVH that would allow that. 

Let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

dimitra vidinioti
Explorer | Level 4

Hi and thank you Megan

What is a  EVH? 

Mark
Super User II

@dimitra vidinioti 

EVH is a very, very old feature called 'Extended Version History' (also known as Pack-Rat) which at the time allowed unlimited recovery of files and documents (and the became 365 days). However, its not been available to purchase or use for many years and was an add on to paid plans. 

If you dont already have it (ie. you are a free user) then the 30 day window is absolute and I'm afraid you cannot recover over that timescale. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dimitra vidinioti
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Mark 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dimitra vidinioti, I hope you don’t mind me jumping in here. 

I’d only like to add that it’s now possible to buy EVH as an add-on for your Dropbox account, if you’re already on a direct Dropbox subscription (Plus/Business). You can also see more details here.

However, EVH will start “working” from the moment you purchase it and it wouldn’t have any effect retroactively (for files that were deleted in the past).

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    nunoggomes New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    najmul New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?