cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Actual Desktop app won't open

Actual Desktop app won't open

jakryk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I need to get the actual app to open so I can change the settings (because even though I select "never for this device" for downloading photos, I get the stupid Download Photos window Every Friggin TIME I connect my phone to my computer). The problem is that when I 'open' the Dropbox app on my computer all it does is take me to the Dropbox files on my computer. The app itself never opens. I just installed the latest update and it still doesn't open the actual app.

22 Replies 22

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshots @egleh

Can we create an email for you, to troubleshoot this device issue the best way possible? 

Thanks! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

egleh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi

Yes, that would be super!

Thanks!

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You've got mail @egleh:slight_smile: :envelope:

I used the email address associated with your Communituy profile to help you further with this. 

Happy Friday!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?