cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Dropbox as a music player to play music in my account one after the other?

Can I use Dropbox as a music player to play music in my account one after the other?

Wayne D.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How can I get songs to play one after the other on my Dropbox in my iPhone 6?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

When you play an audio file in our app, you should be able to minimize the app and still hear playback. However, the Dropbox app is not designed to be a fully-featured media player, so if you’re playing items from a folder of audio files, it will not progress automatically to the next file. Playback will also stop if the app is open and you load a different file or exit from the playback screen.

When the app is open, you can use the scrubber to fast forward or rewind. From the lock screen on your device, you can use the controls in the Control Center to fast forward and rewind the item you are playing. You won’t be able to skip to the next audio item here.

I hope that explains things!

View solution in original post

fuoser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i installed vlc where you can download files directly from your dropbox to it. then put all the songs into a single folder and you have a proper player.

cheers,

christopher

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

When you play an audio file in our app, you should be able to minimize the app and still hear playback. However, the Dropbox app is not designed to be a fully-featured media player, so if you’re playing items from a folder of audio files, it will not progress automatically to the next file. Playback will also stop if the app is open and you load a different file or exit from the playback screen.

When the app is open, you can use the scrubber to fast forward or rewind. From the lock screen on your device, you can use the controls in the Control Center to fast forward and rewind the item you are playing. You won’t be able to skip to the next audio item here.

Drake r.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

can it replay music constantly?

kaylat819
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

on my ipod the scrubbing thing doesn't even work, nor the ff or rewind buttons. the only thing that works is pause/play and if the song ends, i can push play and it will repeat. very frustrating

@Mariedb wrote:

Hi there!

Nhh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Can you add this feature?

fuoser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i installed vlc where you can download files directly from your dropbox to it. then put all the songs into a single folder and you have a proper player.

cheers,

christopher

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Drake r. New member | Level 1
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
    fuoser New member | Level 2
    Nhh New member | Level 2
    kaylat819 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?