cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture limited to 120 minutes now

Capture limited to 120 minutes now

Subgiant
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've noticed Capture is now limited to 120 minutes. Is there a way to increase this? I'm not going to share Capture with people for an extra 20 minutes when we're already paying for Dropbox. If this is a new company policy, it's a nail in the coffin for Capture as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, we use this a lot and we'll need to look for an alternative straight away.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

Youcef from the Capture team here.

Capture is now available across all Dropbox plans. With Professional, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans, you can record videos in 4K up to your storage limit and edit videos of any length. With Basic, Plus, and Family plans, you get up to two hours of recording time at 1080p and editing for videos under five minutes. 

More details on https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/enhanced-workflow-tools-to-power-modern-work

Thank you very much for your patience!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Subgiant, thanks for using Capture and sharing your thoughts on this. 

As you know, Dropbox Capture is still in beta, but you should be able to gain some additional time by referring Dropbox Capture to your friends, family and/or colleagues. 

We'll let you know if anything changes. 

In the meantime, please let me know if you have anything else to add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

Youcef from the Capture team here.

Capture is now available across all Dropbox plans. With Professional, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plans, you can record videos in 4K up to your storage limit and edit videos of any length. With Basic, Plus, and Family plans, you get up to two hours of recording time at 1080p and editing for videos under five minutes. 

More details on https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/enhanced-workflow-tools-to-power-modern-work

Thank you very much for your patience!

Jason_Broderick
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is extremely disappointing and I will have to immediately look for another screen share tool myself too. I already pay you for the bandwidth and storage allocation in my cloud account why are you "double charging" me for using the cloud capture tool, that's utter nonsense! That's like buying a new car but having to pay extra to open your doors! Oh you're only allowed to open 2 of your 4 doors each day or we have to charge you extra! 😡

That's an average of only 4 minutes per day of usage - for a service I am already paying yearly for!!!

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Jason,

So sorry to hear that. Are you on a Dropbox Plus plan? If so, Capture has unlimited recording time in the Pro and Team plans.

You can always at anytime remove old videos from Capture (you can make a copy of them and put them on your Dropbox) and it will give you that recording time back again.

Let me know if this this works for you.

Thank you!

Maizoro89
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've decided this was the perfect time to cancel dropbox and move to another cloud service. 

I have a family plan. I'm not going to spend double the amount for unlimited capture time. 

I'm going to go to google, pay for the same amount of space (more features) less money and than get something like Loom. 

mkpatil
New member | Level 2

Is it right that - If I reach my 120 minutes or 2 hour limit, if I move the video files from Capture folder to elsewhere or just delete them - I will have 2 more hours of video recording available for new video captures? I am in regular plan. Sounds good if that is the case. Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mkpatil, that's correct, you should be able to do so when files are files are moved out of the Capture folder as per this post.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    mkpatil New member | Level 2
    Maizoro89 New member | Level 2
    YoucefDropbox Dropbox Staff
    Jason_Broderick Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?