cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app won't open after fresh install on Windows 11; times-out

Desktop app won't open after fresh install on Windows 11; times-out

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6

After installing the Desktop App, which appears to have gone smoothly, my attempt to open the app times out, i.e., time-spinner spins and quits. I am running Windows 11 with ample memory. I have installed-uninstalled-reinstalled three times to no avail.

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @HKelley, thanks for providing these details.

When you reinstalled the Dropbox desktop application, did you perform an advanced reinstallation using these steps?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

HKelley
Helpful | Level 6

Jay --

Your recommendation successfully got the DropBox Windows app to appear on the desktop and respond to an open command. I expected the app to take me to my DropBox account without a browser. That is not its purpose because I got an app that opened the account but displayed the locally stored files that mirrored what was stored within my DropBox account. 

Getting the app working after a failed installation using all the steps you suggested is a lot of work (I never like fooling with my Registry file) did work although those steps seem to be more focused on Windows 10 and not Windows 11.

Thank you for your prompt response

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

HKelley Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?