cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox app won't stop trying to connect

DropBox app won't stop trying to connect

Eddie8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Not sure if I'm posting to correct forum, but my DropBox app on Windows 11 is in an unending attempt to connect. Not sure if files are syncing. Not sure how to fix this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eddie8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just spent 1.5 hours on chat and was able to get the problem solved. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall.

When doing the reinstall, I was instructed to open an "in private page" on windows Edge for doing the download.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

BAV_1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem here. Seems to have started with todays Dropbox update to version 160.4.4690. The app tries to connect for a few minutes and then quits. I am on Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2, OS Build 22621.755

Eddie8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just spent 1.5 hours on chat and was able to get the problem solved. I had to uninstall the app, then reinstall.

When doing the reinstall, I was instructed to open an "in private page" on windows Edge for doing the download.

BAV_1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Eddie8. The solution appears to have worked. Interesting though that the new version I downloaded is 159.4.5870. Apparently version 160.4.4690 has some problems.

Eddie8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

That's the same version I have downloaded too.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Eddie8 Helpful | Level 6
    BAV_1 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?