cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app won't load anymore on Windows 10

Dropbox desktop app won't load anymore on Windows 10

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My desk top Windows 10 Dropbox app worked okay until 10 July. It is version 100.4.409. It now says it won' t load because it needs a QT plug in. I have tried uninstalling the app but it won't uninstall. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't work and I get the message "the installer encountered error message 2.

Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

14 Replies 14

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi

I would also try an advanced reinstall as per this article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall

Regards

Casper

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Patrick that did the trick and I was able to uninstall and reinstall Dropbox which now loads. Hurrah! Unfortanately it now won't sync. When I added my PC DESKTOP-HOO9CSU it seems to think this is different from the previous one and now extra files on my PC have weird names like "money (DESKTOP-HOO9CSU's conflicted copy 2020-07-14)"  which haven't synced to my phone or Ipad. Should I delete the old unsynced files on the website?  Or should I delete all the files on my PC (having saved them somewhere else first!) and then put them back in again? 

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Caspar but the previous solution has worked.

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Patrick. I've now resolved the sync issues. Thanks very much indeed for your help in solving this problem

Not applicable
Go to solution

@Jane42 

Happy to help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous Not applicable
    Jane42 Explorer | Level 4
    ITConsultingAfrica Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?