cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox support for macOS 12.3

Dropbox support for macOS 12.3

Anna R.5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

So I'm referring to https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

Does this mean it will be 100% safe to upgrade to macOS 12.3 as long as I keep Smart sync to Local, please?

166 Replies 166

DBgreen1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Another week passes and not so much as a drop of new information.

Maybe we can speed things up if we all band together and get the poor DB team a brand spanking new Mac Studio Ultra?

asobyl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Kinda worrying to see the lack of progress and communication, especially knowing that this change in MacOS was announced at least a year or two ago, so it's not like Dropbox was caught by surprise and had to scramble to fix it at the last minute.

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I don't know why this is marked as solved. We still don't have a proper client for Mac OS 12.3. Am I missing something?

DBgreen1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You're right, YJ, sadly nothing has been solved. And you are missing nothing at all. But perhaps it's good you're here to remind them.

They seem to have been distracted by their new 'Product Updates'. Who knows which version of MacOS they will run on.

Why they can't be bothered to keep us in the loop is beyond me.

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Personally, I don't like that that our users need to modify their behavior in order to access files stored in Dropbox. We pay a lot of money for this service. To be offered a beta while competitors have fully embraced the changes from Apple is beyond concerning.

DBgreen1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Just to let everybody know that I finally decided to upgrade my M1 iMac to MacOS 12.3.1 and the latest Dropbox beta v147.2.3505 seems to be syncing fine.

No announcements of system extension files being disabled when my updated Mac first booted up, so clearly the DB team have succeeded in achieving the necessary changes, at least in their beta versions.

Relief that Dropbox has finally caught up but why on earth, after all this time, were we not informed by the moderator of this forum?

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It's still a beta. They aren't done and it isn't ready. There should be a formal announcement when Mac OS 12.3 support is out of beta.

DeepLightnin
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox team.  I'm getting prompts from Apple to go to macOS 12.3 which so far I have not accepted.  Seems like the time is here for some communication from you regarding compatibility.  I love your product but you've got to stay ahead of things like this.  Kindly, please advise.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @DeepLightnin, hope you’re doing well! 

You can check this link for more details on how Dropbox works with macOS 12.3. 

If you have any questions though, I’m here for you.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

YeaItsJosh
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Nancy. So a private beta that still doesn't allow users to open online files from third-party apps is what you are suggesting we use? We are halfway through April. What is the holdup? Perhaps someone could call Microsoft and ask how they got OneDrive to work with 12.3 so easily.
Need more support?