cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SmartSync is broken and can't disable it

Dropbox tells me to right click on folder and choose Smart Sync but I don't have this option

ned666
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Smart Sync is broken for me, but the hint that Dropbox gives me to right-click on a folder and choose "Smart Sync" makes no sense:

ned666_0-1653837068726.png

I don't have this option when I right-click in Windows Explorer on any folder or file inside Dropbox:

ned666_1-1653837241557.png

13 Replies 13

ihatedreaming
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

WOW thanks Ill try what you suggest...

ihatedreaming
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey. Ive done all that and it seems to work!!! Thanks so much. If only this info was in the FAQ's would make like easier. Ive now managed to allocate old folds to online only so will see how I get on. Hopefully this will free up some disk space..... Thanks so much for helping out and giving such great and super quick advice. Ill shut the window 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@ihatedreaming pleased its sorted, but, it is sorta common sense that to use Dropbox features and capabilities that the application needs to be running 😉 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ihatedreaming
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Im not a tech head or a super user so pardon my ignorance but I wouldn't know about 'running' just a user trying to get help. I got it so I thank you. You've been helpful - 😉

Need more support?