cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Screenshot Shortcut Key Conflict on Windows 11

Help Needed: Screenshot Shortcut Key Conflict on Windows 11

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, Dropbox Community,

I’m reaching out to the community today because I’m experiencing an issue that has become quite a puzzle for me, and frankly, it’s starting to drive me a bit up the wall.

When I first installed Dropbox on my Windows 11 system, I distinctly remember receiving a notification about a conflict between the Dropbox screenshot shortcut and another shortcut key on my system. Unfortunately, I can’t for the life of me recall what the alternative shortcut was that Dropbox suggested for taking screenshots and automatically saving them to the Dropbox\Screenshots folder.

This functionality is something I rely on heavily for my workflow, and its absence has been more than just a minor inconvenience. I’ve scoured the settings and tried the usual suspects (Print Screen, Alt+Print Screen, Windows Key + Print Screen), but none seem to trigger the automatic saving to Dropbox like it used to.

I’m sure it’s a simple fix or a memory jog away, but at this point, after much frustration and unsuccessful troubleshooting, I’ve decided to turn to you, the community, for guidance.

Does anyone recall what the alternative shortcut might be? Or, has anyone else encountered and resolved a similar issue?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and assistance. It’s greatly appreciated and I’m looking forward to getting back to my usual efficient self with your help.

Warm regards,

K0zZ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Just to provide an update, I've successfully managed to get the screenshot function working again on this specific keyboard and am sharing this update in case anyone else encounters a similar issue in the future. The resolution involved opening the Logitech Options software, selecting the keyboard, and noting that, by default, the key was assigned to 'Screen Snip' - which was somewhat unusual.

SC.jpg

I then changed it to 'Screen Capture'. This adjustment now allows me to use ALT + the screen key to create a snapshot in Dropbox.

Thank you for the assistance, nonetheless.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @K0zZ, thanks for messaging the Community!

There isn't a special shortcut for the screenshots on Windows, aside from the standard ones that Windows provides.

Are you receiving any error currently regarding the shortcut?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

There is a shortcut 100% something + print screen I'm sure I've just forgotten it.. If I just press the print screen key it brings up the snippet tool!

I'll have to un-install dropbox and re-install again to find out what is going on 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@K0zZ wrote:

There is a shortcut 100% something + print screen I'm sure I've just forgotten it.. If I just press the print screen key it brings up the snippet tool!

The default functionality for taking a screenshot changed in Windows 11. Previously you could just hit PrtScn and a screenshot would be taken. As you mentioned, that now opens the screenshot tool built-in to Windows. Instead, CTRL-PrtScn will take a screenshot in whichever application has registered to handle them.

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You know this may sound daft.. but I think my keyboard is lacking the prtscn button!

This could be the issue.. this is driving me mad

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @K0zZ, are you using a laptop or normal desktop computer?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm using a normal desktop with an Mx Keys S keyboard.. This is the 2nd keyboard I've had I never had issues with the 1st keyboard this was replaced due to a broken key (not the print screen key btw).. However, I don't think prtscn is working on this keyboard it's not mapped.. maybe I need to manually map it.. anyway not a dropbox issue if it's my k/b

I went to this site https://keyboardtester.io/tester/ pressed all keys and prtscn not highlighting .. hence the issue lol

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

According to the web, it's possible that the screenshot button is on the top row of the Numpad. However, you might need to check the developer directly for more help locating that key.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

K0zZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yeah mine is different on this keyboard.. 

kb.jpg

I'll check with Logitech tomorrow after I do more research but that key looks well odd! 

Thanks though Jay for helping out bro!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, keep me updated!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    K0zZ Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?