cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error that the program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing?

I get an error that the program can't start because api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.ddl is missing?

JonatanLeopardi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've tried reinstalling the program (several times) but it didn't work. I use the desktop app in my pc and the app in the other devices. I have this issue in my pc (running W7).

Any help?

21 Replies 21

JonatanLeopardi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @Rich and @Lusil. The patch worked perfectly! :grinning:

Thank you!!!

Jonatan

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that, Jonathan! :grin:

Let us know if you have any other questions in the future and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ahiruko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it say api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing and i keep reinstalling dropbox and the same problem happen right away ,please help , is re installing the windows system gonna fix it?

i'm using Win 7

and downloaded the latest vir of dropbox

Capture5y.PNGCapture5tt.PNG

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Ahiruko 

Apply the update that I posted above.

Ahiruko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Rich

my windows is 7 32 bit, i can't find the update in the page you posted ! is re installing my windows gonna fix the problem ?

or should i try this advanced reinstall ?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Ahiruko wrote:

my windows is 7 32 bit, i can't find the update in the page you posted

The 32 bit update is on the same page, directly above the 64 bit update. You want the x86 file for Windows 7.

constanza_
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just FYI, this update will only be possible if you have the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed. Otherwise, you'll have to do that first. 🙂

Ahiruko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

can i ask if this missing file only available in the update , i mean it's not in the original windows installation?  so reinstalling my OS won't fix it?  i have windows 7 Ultimate  32 bit

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You'd have to ask Microsoft as it's their update. This isn't a Dropbox related issue.

Ahiruko
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

oki, thank you so much for your help

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    aldoxx New member | Level 2
    Ahiruko Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?