cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Dropbox on KDE Plasma

Installing Dropbox on KDE Plasma

frankpxl
Explorer | Level 4

I read in system requirements that in Linux, a full desktop install needs gnome or xfce (or unity), but here I see people talking about Dropbox on Kubuntu. That's the OS I've considered installing. Would I have to do something special to have my DB files in Kubuntu? Or does a full install mean more than what I have in my Dropbox Plus account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@frankpxl wrote:

... Would I have to do something special to have my DB files in Kubuntu? ...

Hi @frankpxl,

No you don't need to do anything special. Just install appropriate deb package version suitable for your Ubuntu version (depending is your version 22.04 or earlier, or you have more recent version). That's it.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@frankpxl wrote:

... Would I have to do something special to have my DB files in Kubuntu? ...

Hi @frankpxl,

No you don't need to do anything special. Just install appropriate deb package version suitable for your Ubuntu version (depending is your version 22.04 or earlier, or you have more recent version). That's it.

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?