cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom Smart Previews Issue

Lightroom Smart Previews Issue

DaBrown
Explorer | Level 3

I've been using Lightroom on a Mac running Monterey OS 12.x for some time and have always been able to see my Smart Previews even when the Folder was online only. Now I am not always seeing the Smart Previews. Weirdly, I am able to see Smart Previews, when offline, in some folders including the last three folders that I uploaded images into. I did uninstall and re-install Lightroom, and that did allow me to see some of the Previews as mentioned above. I'm wondering if the new upgrade would address this issue. I'm not sure why I'm just now having the problem since things worked previously.

Thanks, David

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @DaBrown, sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Could you please let us know the version of the Dropbox desktop app that's installed on your machine and clarify if this happens for files that are available offline on your computer or if this is about online only files? 

If you could also send us a screenshot of how it looks like on your end, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DaBrown
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

I'm running v162.4.5419. I suspect the issue is a Lightroom issue and I believe the problem is that my Smart Previews got corrupted. I'm painstakingly rebuilding those after discarding the existing Smart Previews. The reason I suspect that's the issue, because as I said, my most recent three or four files did not have problems. I will get back to you if I run into any other issues after rebuilding the Smart Previews.

Thanks,

David

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update, David.

Let us know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    DaBrown Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?