cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Notification Center Alerts Don't "Stick"

Re: Mac Notification Center Alerts Don't "Stick"

Tabatha P.
New member | Level 2

I also am unable to find where these notifications disappear too.  They come so quickly - I just got one that said a coworker changed 50 files but I did not catch in what folder - now there is no way to find out what it was refering too..... Please help DB

Dana H.3
Explorer | Level 3

Everyone should probably give up the ghost on this....I did EXTENSIVE back and forth with their tech dept. and they are not interested in addressing this.

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9

I think it's time for everybody give up on Dropbox and start looking for a business that wants them as customers.  They don't care about users, they just care about enterprise accounts and it's only going to get worse. 

Check out the link to this gem!

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/The-Photos-page-is-changing/td-p/218974

Dana H.3
Explorer | Level 3

So.. while Dropbox does not care about you in the least... for those that continue to need to use it and want a fix... you CAN use Apple's Automator program to create a sticky notification. Automator come standard with the OS. If you create a "New" action and select "Folder Action", specify your Dropbox folder and then drag the "Display Notification" action into the window (tip: you can use the search box in the upper left to quickly find the action) then save out the action it should work. You might have to go into system preferences and change your "Automator" banner preference to Alert instead of Banner under the Notifications panel.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Abuky Explorer | Level 3
    Alex_131 New member | Level 1
    ELITE P. New member | Level 1
    M S.1 Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?