cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS Finder - how can I add Dropbox back to the sidebar?

MacOS Finder - how can I add Dropbox back to the sidebar?

Auskan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Before I upgraded to Catalina (MacOS 10.15.5), Dropbox appeared under my favorites in the sidebar of Finder.  After the upgrade, it was gone.  I've searched many threads where this is apparently a common issue but the solutions appear to be for earlier versions of MacOS as the view I am seeing under Catalina does not match the solutions.  I understand folders can be dragged to the sidebar.  The problem is, I am not seeing the folder on the right, in order to drag it into the sidebar.  I tried the "go to folder" but it only navigates to the files within the folder - it never shows a folder labeled Dropbox.  I have the Dropbox App installed but it isn't helpful either as when I click on it, it opens a Dropbox window that, again, shows the files I have stored there.  I want to be able to easily move files to Dropbox or access them to attach to an email, as I could before I "upgraded" to Catalina (which is starting to feel distinctly like a downgrade).

31 Replies 31

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I hope you're well today @dweinapple, thanks for joining the discussion!

You can navigate to the Dropbox folder through your Finder, and add it to the Favorites sidebar with the steps outlined here.

If you have any trouble with this, let me know and I'd be happy to help further.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Chakraboy22
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Awesome advice! The internet is filled with geniuses!!! Thanks so much!!!

bepearce
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That works for the upgrade to Big Sur, too.

Howard J.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Perfect!

Rolando Santos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This work for me on the first try. Thanbk You.!

Michelle M.40
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I followed the steps but it did not let me drag it over

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you let me know a little more info on where you're running into an issue, @Michelle M.40?

Can you drag it to the sidebar, but it's not being added?

Or are you not able to drag the folder at all?

If possible, please send me a screenshot of the last place you're at when you run into trouble with this, excluding any personal info. Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AaronJaunty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had this exact same problem @waldbach. I promise you're not going insane. It must have updated way later following the installation!

KW1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This did not work for me.  Whenever I click on the Dropbox icon, it pops up a folder.  Help!

beaandtig
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    TRKelley01 Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?