cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS Finder - how can I add Dropbox back to the sidebar?

MacOS Finder - how can I add Dropbox back to the sidebar?

Auskan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Before I upgraded to Catalina (MacOS 10.15.5), Dropbox appeared under my favorites in the sidebar of Finder.  After the upgrade, it was gone.  I've searched many threads where this is apparently a common issue but the solutions appear to be for earlier versions of MacOS as the view I am seeing under Catalina does not match the solutions.  I understand folders can be dragged to the sidebar.  The problem is, I am not seeing the folder on the right, in order to drag it into the sidebar.  I tried the "go to folder" but it only navigates to the files within the folder - it never shows a folder labeled Dropbox.  I have the Dropbox App installed but it isn't helpful either as when I click on it, it opens a Dropbox window that, again, shows the files I have stored there.  I want to be able to easily move files to Dropbox or access them to attach to an email, as I could before I "upgraded" to Catalina (which is starting to feel distinctly like a downgrade).

31 Replies 31

TRKelley01
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you so much for getting back with me! After I inquired I contacted Apple support. When they could not help me, I came back to the Dropbox help community and continued reading. Another individual was having the same problem and discovered that Dropbox was in another location in the MacOS Finder. I looked in that same location, but did not find it. However, I decided to just keep looking and discovered that it was located in my MacOS Finder under "Network". I have no idea how it ended up there, but was able to successfully return it to its original location in my Finder Sidebar.

Again, thank you for reaching out; and thank you for providing this forum from which we can get answers. Even though it was somewhat indirectly, I was able to fix the issue because of Dropbox Community.

Blessings,

Tim

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I'm glad to hear it's sorted now and thanks for the update too, Tim.

See you around the Community and have a lovely week ahead! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    TRKelley01 Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?