cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Move DropBox out of Library in OSX Ventura?

Move DropBox out of Library in OSX Ventura?

michaelriley
Helpful | Level 6
In OSX Ventura, is it possible to move the DropBox folder someplace where Adobe Bridge can see it (not in OSX Ventura Library)?

I'm a big Adobe Bridge fan, and I wanted to call out a feature that recently became problematic regarding Adobe Bridge + new DropBox folder location. The latest version of Dropbox is now in the Library folder, which is invisible to the Folder tab in Bridge:
Users/Michael/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox

In Adobe Bridge, the Folder tab with twirl-down is the most helpful feature in my opinion, and I’m disappointed this is now not possible because Bridge cannot see any DropBox files in Library.

Is there a way around this? Or is it possible to move the DropBox folder someplace where Bridge can see it (not in Library?). Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 9.33.56 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-04 at 9.36.30 AM.png
21 Replies 21

John M.171
New member | Level 2

Thank you, Clare, I was just about to point out that OneDrive seems to have no problem using an external drive for your "always available offline" files despite using the CloudStorage folder as the sync root. That article explains all the symlink trickery. I wonder if that can be duplicated ad hoc for DB. I might try it.

Need more support?