cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to back-up hard drive when I clicked "don't ask again" once

No dialog box when connecting external HD?

Jennifer G.29
Helpful | Level 6

I want to back up my external HD to my Dropbox account.

What should happen: When I connect the external drive, I should get a popup that asks if I want to back up the external drive, I select it, then set it up.

What does happen: Nothing. I don't get a popup when I connect the external drive. In Preferences/Backups, the "Hide all setup notifications when new external drives are plugged-in" is NOT selected and never has been.

The only instructions Support could provide are "You get a pop up window saying back up this external hard drive and you select it and then you click on set up." I don't get the popup, so I can't do this.

I don't see another way to set the external drive to back up. I know this is a relatively new feature, but it isn't working at all for me and I haven't seen any other threads with this problem. How can I find a way to do this? Thanks for your help.

51 Replies 51

tibo1234
New member | Level 2

Thank you !

I logged out, quit the app, moved it to the trash and re-installed. The external hard drive was recognized once again by dropbox.

Cheers : )

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Amazing news @tibo1234!

Give us a shout if you need anything else. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?