cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension

Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension

osubuckeye18e
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What does this error message mean and how do I get past it? I've never had this issue before, and it's regarding a shared file that my wife and I use every day. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

That's actually not a Dropbox error. Most likely it's from Chrome, or another browser based on Chrome. One of your extensions/add-ons is probably blocking part of Dropbox. Clear your cache/browsing history and try again. You can also try Chrome in incognito mode, or try another browser.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

That's actually not a Dropbox error. Most likely it's from Chrome, or another browser based on Chrome. One of your extensions/add-ons is probably blocking part of Dropbox. Clear your cache/browsing history and try again. You can also try Chrome in incognito mode, or try another browser.

gdad1100
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Great advice! Thanks a lot...I have run into errors before where I can't figure out how to fix them. Paid some overpriced computer tech (Best Buy, Local PC repair, etc) only to have them tell me to sign out, do a cold boot and reenter my login information.

Worked perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gdad1100 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?