cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SafeInCloud on MacOS 12.6.2 is not syncing any more

SafeInCloud on MacOS 12.6.2 is not syncing any more

Ralf H.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi, My SafeInCloud password app on MacOS 12.6.2 is no longer able to sync with Dropbox. It warns me that it stopped syncing on Jan 17th. It says it is "not authorised". Trying to authenticate the SafeInCloud app is not working. I have un- and reinstalled SafeInCloud three times without any change. The Dropbox app installed on this Mac works and synchronises all other files to the cloud without problems. I have rebooted the machine without any difference.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ralf H.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Problem solved. For some reason, when initiating the reauthentication, the SafeInCloud app didn't trigger the Dropbox webpage where I should give SafeInCloud permission to enter Dropbox. Today, that trigger worked and syncing is working again!
Thanks for reading and trying to help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Ralf H.3,

The application you're talking about seems left the Dropbox integration support in past. Other option is if you run relatively old version of that application - if so, update it. Recently (if you think 2 years or so - recent) Dropbox introduced new authentication ways. For long term access, those new ways are mandatory - something that your application seems misses. Ask the software supplier for more info.

Good luck.

Ralf H.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks for your feedback. I downloaded the latest version from macstore and also directly from the apps own download page. None of them synchronises with Dropbox. But it did until 17th Jan. Then my mac crashed and I installed the recovered disk-image on a new mac and then upgraded the OS to 12.6.2. I run now the newly downloaded and reinstalled SafeInCloud app.
I had updated the app a couple of times during the last 6 months an it has always worked. Can it then be the app?? I will also check the SafeInCloud website for any hint on working with Dropbox. Thanks for any other comments!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Ralf H.3 wrote:
I had updated the app a couple of times during the last 6 months an it has always worked. Can it then be the app?? ...

Hi again @Ralf H.3,

Yes, as I mentioned Dropbox migrate to new way of authentication. In spite old way of authentication isn't accessible anymore, already authenticated applications can continue working with the existing authentication (this is something I skip before). The problem brings up when for some reason the old authentication is lost and you have to authenticate anew. In such cases if the application isn't adapted, it tries the old way and since such authentication is valid for no more than 4 hours, once they passed, new authentication needs to be performed, etc. etc...

@Ralf H.3 wrote:
... Can it then be the app?? ...

Yes, for sure.

@Ralf H.3 wrote:
... I will also check the SafeInCloud website for any hint on working with Dropbox. ...

That would be the best way and if you can't find something, ask their support for more info. Every company supports own products and should be aware what can be done more then any other company/person. 😉

Ralf H.3
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Problem solved. For some reason, when initiating the reauthentication, the SafeInCloud app didn't trigger the Dropbox webpage where I should give SafeInCloud permission to enter Dropbox. Today, that trigger worked and syncing is working again!
Thanks for reading and trying to help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ralf H.3 Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?