cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2023 iPad app update removed ability to hide the preview pane

September 2023 iPad app update removed ability to hide the preview pane

mwendell
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If it's still there, they've hidden it really well.

If the preview pane cannot be removed or hidden, then the app is almost useless as you cannot browse longer file names without tapping on each one. That's ridiculous. Seeing thirty of the same file name, and having to click on each one to find the one you're looking for makes the app almost unusable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zacw
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

I'm not sure why the X isn't showing up there, but if you tap on a file it should appear. Does that work?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mwendell, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Could you please clarify your device's exact OS version and the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well?

Does it make any difference if you use the Files app by the way?

Any additional information you can share is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

zacw
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Can you share a screenshot? Does it appear if you tap into a preview, but it's missing in the empty / no-preview version?

mwendell
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox app version is 344.2.4, running on an iPad mini 4 (model: FK9N2LL/A) with iOS 15.7.8. I am using the 'Files' portion of the app.

IMG_F95BDB54A9F9-1.jpeg

zacw
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

I'm not sure why the X isn't showing up there, but if you tap on a file it should appear. Does that work?

mwendell
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

That actually did work, thank you.

I guess this is solved, although it's still a workaround. That X should be there even if no file is selected.

That being said, I still wish the default could be no preview pane, and only show the preview pane when it's actually needed. Seems like your default is to waste 3/4ths of the screen.

Thanks

zacw
Dropbox Engineer

You should now find version 350 available in the App Store. If you'd like to give it a try, I think I fixed the "X" button not showing up until you open a preview. If you're still experiencing the bug, that would be really useful to know, too.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

zacw Dropbox Engineer
    mwendell Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?