cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync error after reinstallation of Ventura 13.2.1 and running Running DropBox V169.4.5684

Sync error after reinstallation of Ventura 13.2.1 and running Running DropBox V169.4.5684

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

I am using DropBox  V169.4.568 on a fresh install of Ventura 13.2.1. Files also synched with Adobe Cloud initially reported as 3 unable to sync files on DropBox Desktop. I was unable to resolve this with Adobe Support. I have unwisely selected additional folders in selective sync and have a mess. I am stuck with 4800 files for some time. What are my best options? Quit the app with warnings and restart? Restart Computer.  Asking for help!

18 Replies 18

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Hannah  @Walter @Megan 

Now running Dropbox v 170.4.5895  Problem persists.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bruce K.14, if the files are only visible on the site and not your machine, have you tried downloading them manually and putting them in the same location in the Dropbox folder?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay  @Walter  @Megan  @Hannah 

Things have gone from bad to worse. The app Icon reports 44 files being uploaded and downloading 4,507 files. Only 1 file is reported with a sync issue when I select the fix issues tab.  That file is presently available on my device!!! See Attached.  The bad to worse is because all of my work done since the problem began IS NOT ON THE DEVICE I TAKE TO COURT!! I copied the files for my case today to a thumb drive and transferred them to my laptop. For all intents and purposes, I am back in the stone age. Manually copying files to my laptop is not sustainable. I really need someone with knowledge to grease this wheel. PLEASE

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 6.54.26 AMedit.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey Bruce, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the file info of an example file that is giving you the sync issues?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Hannah, @Jay , @Walter , @Megan  @Craig 

Dear Hannah,

Ver170.4.5895 Uploading 16 Files downloading 4k files since March 16, 2023, and growing. This information was also sent to Craig (Dropbox Support). You stated that this would be expedited and transferred to a unit specializing in errors of this type, that you are only an email away. Forgive me if I perceive that this matter is not taken seriously by your support. Is this indeed a recommendation to use another provider?

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 6.54.26 AMedit111.jpg

I am again providing you with a screenshotScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 12.27.09 PMedit2222.jpgScreenshot 2023-03-24 21.55.38edit33333.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 21.58.06edit44444.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 22.01.15edit55555.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 22.03.55edit6666.png previously provided and taken again today.

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Hannah 

Is it realistic that the resolution has not been effectuated since Monday?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Apologies Bruce, but here on the Community we don't have a way to see if you've reached out to our support team or not, unless you provide us with the ticket number for your communication.

Since you have reached out to them, please send us the ticket number, so we can investigate this further.

Also, I was referring to a screenshot of the file info as described here, if you can get one.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Hannah 

Ticket 21854646

####

Dear Hannah, Please let me know precisely which file you want me to screenshot. The article identifies many files.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number, Bruce.

I passed your feedback along and also raised the priority of your case on my end.

I can see that a member of our team has reached out to you, so make sure you take a look and respond to them, to continue troubleshooting.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Bruce K.14 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?