cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User logout effect when apple's app "numbers" (on iphone) tries to access (open) a dropbox tablefile

User logout effect when apple's app "numbers" (on iphone) tries to access (open) a dropbox tablefile

johnsol
Helpful | Level 5

Hello community

Someone experimented already the effect described in the "subject"?

(User logout effect when apple's app "numbers" (on iphone) tries to access (open) a dropbox cloud-placed tablefile)

-I'm logged on dropbox app on iphone; on the dropbox cloud I have a file of calculation type (apple's "numbers") and which I see from the dropbox app 

-After starting the numbers app I can navigate to that table file for opening BUT 

-Immediately I get a popup from numbers app saying "table deleted. this table was deleted in other place" and I'm invited to re-submit the authorisation procedure

-Back to the dropbox app I see me logged-out with a popup "logged.out. <user> has been logged-out on this iphone" and I have to re-login

Any good idea, how to get rid of this problem? I suppose there is a security and/or permission issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnsol
Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, „mystery“ solved and fixed.
Numbers app setup „data store“ was „icloud“ whereas the table to access is located on dropbox cloud. Configuration which til now always worked…

changed the numbers’ data store location to dropbox cloud
opened my table (ok) then closed the app
changed the numbers’ data store location back to icloud
opened my table again -> NO errors anymore !😊

As my only config change was made in the iOS/numbers environment, the unique responsible must have been iOS. What exactly happened, remains (for me) a mystery…🤔

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

johnsol
Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, „mystery“ solved and fixed.
Numbers app setup „data store“ was „icloud“ whereas the table to access is located on dropbox cloud. Configuration which til now always worked…

changed the numbers’ data store location to dropbox cloud
opened my table (ok) then closed the app
changed the numbers’ data store location back to icloud
opened my table again -> NO errors anymore !😊

As my only config change was made in the iOS/numbers environment, the unique responsible must have been iOS. What exactly happened, remains (for me) a mystery…🤔

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

johnsol Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?