cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White background when uploading a scan of my signature cannot be removed

White background when uploading a scan of my signature cannot be removed

axx_87
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I have decided I will try out the Signature feature. I wanted to upload a scan of my signature to be used. Unfortunatelly, the app does not remove white background. On the top of that, it even adds white background to a png with transparent background (yes, I invested extra effort in removing the white background with other app). 

At the end of the day, I have an excel sheet with blue background that I cannot sign with dropbox signature feature as it would leave white box around the signature. For example Adobe Reader automatically removes white background from uploaded scanned images of signatures. 

Is there a solution I am not seeing?

Thanks,

Josef

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for reaching out to us, @axx_87.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the signing feature and the uploading of a photo of an existing signature for you to use.

I've passed your comments along to our team.

As a workaround, I would suggest drawing your signature either on dropbox.com or the mobile app, with the steps found here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

comter
New member | Level 2

How is this possibly an issue? One of the defining characteristics of PNG files is that they support transparency. And draw is not an option when I (easily) use the same image signature on checks and other legal documents and the signatures need to match. Actually, the more I think about it, the other image formats that are supported don't have transparency as an option so I guess the only way that an image signature could be added (where the signature is tall and wide) is by making the space available for the signature include an oddly tall amount of space. I suppose that could be another workaround but seems like a ridiculous concession for what should never have been a discussion in the first place.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

comter New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?