cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization problem with Mac Os Sonoma

Won't stop indexing on Mac

msheppard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I installed the mac dropbox update and the application began indexing my files. It has now been stuck for the last few days. I can only access some files. Many are now only available through dropbox.com and not in my app. If I add files to dropbox.com they are added to the indexing queue of the desktop app, but no progress is made regarding indexing. I've tried signing out, quitting, uninstalling, and reinstalling. I've seen similar threads, but no solutions have worked for me. Any help is much appreciated.

331 Replies 331

Ian1987
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, Since I updated my Mac to the "Sonoma" operating system, Dropbox has stopped syncing my files online. I get a cloud with an exclamation mark in the files. I've been contacting Dropbox support since Thursday and they haven't solved anything "your case has gone to a higher department and they will contact you" - no one tells me absolutely anything. Is anyone in the same situation as me? Thank you

gyno81
Helpful | Level 5

ok prova a fare un tentativo spostando il contenuto su 2 hard drive esterni e provi la mia procedura

PaoloCaMe
Explorer | Level 4

A me questa soluzione funziona.

Verificate anche voi.

A presto,

P

gyno81
Helpful | Level 5

mi fa davvero piacere :heart_eyes:

PaoloCaMe
Explorer | Level 4

Ho verificato che se dal pannello web di Dropbox si cancella l’accesso dall’applicazione del Mac e poi si riattiva l’accesso autenticandosi dall’app installata sul Mac e si seleziona come Storage una cartella diversa da quella dentro CloudStorage la sincronizzazione riparte correttamente. ATTENZIONE che si possono perdere i file non sincronizzati online.

gyno81
Helpful | Level 5

esatto, quindi spostare tutto il contenuto del vecchio dropbox o in documenti Mac o su disco esterno e una volta effettuata tutta la procedura e Dropbox appare reinstallato si possono mettere i file dove stavano

gyno81
Helpful | Level 5

se vi trovate qualche file doppio con scritto IN CONFLITTO andate nelle info del file e tenete la copia più recente salvata

FrankieAnn
Helpful | Level 6

YES!

I have chatted and then told to send an email.  Molly at DB said she was looking into it a week ago, but I have not heard anything.

I just got off the phone after 1 hr with Apple and they say it is DB issue.

I have TWO MacBook Pro computers.  The one with the M1 chip (11-2019 purchase) is working perfectly with Sonoma and "files are up to date" is the message at the bottom of the SYNC box.  

The one with the M2 chip (11-2022) will not upload files.  "Indexing". Does not upload

gyno81
Helpful | Level 5

leggi il mio post di ieri

samhawcroft
Explorer | Level 3

I wish I'd seen this before updating to Sonoma - as others have said, this has happened to me - was stuck on Indexing for ages, so I uninstalled Dropbox. When I reinstalled it, even though an old Dropbox folder was kept in my Cloud Storage folder, half of my files have just disappeared. For instance, I'd organised all my Camera Uploads into years and everything from 2018 has gone. Random months from other years have also gone. Where has it gone to? Can I get it back, or has it gone up in smoke?!

Need more support?