cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: backup is stuck on "setting up"

Backup is stuck on "setting up"

ewobndqaq
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm want to backup desktop and picture folder. But Dropbox backup is stuck on "setting up" over 2 hours. I read many threads on this issue, but nothing changed.

I restart dropbox client and computer over 10 times. My dropbox client and windows 10 is up to date.

Also, My internet is working properly. Each folder has a usual location. Size of these folders isn't over 150GB and my plan is dropbox plus(2TB). 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ewobndqaq
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Now, i find the solution. When I stopped AMD Software in task manager, everything goes well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ewobndqaq
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Now, i find the solution. When I stopped AMD Software in task manager, everything goes well.

kharrell
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 4.51.10 PM.png

Hi Dropbox Community,

I am able to access my Dropbox account through Dropbox.com but my Dropbox desktop app will not open. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall though I received this message. Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

Kelly

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@kharrell wrote:

I am able to access my Dropbox account through Dropbox.com but my Dropbox desktop app will not open. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall though I received this message. Can someone please advise?

During the install you're trying to activate the computer backup feature which requires key folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.) to be in their original location, and two of your folders aren't. If you don't need the backup feature, don't enable it during the installation. It's an option, not a requirement. You can always activate later if needed, and after you've moved those two folders back to their default location.

Need more support?