cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads not working?

Camera uploads not working?

Zachary G.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My objective is to have the videos placed in a single folder in iPhotos automatically upload to Dropbox automatically. Can this be achieved? 

I turn on Camera Uploads in settings, but it appears not to be working, as it's telling me my Camera Roll on my iPhone is empty when it has 1000's of photos (please see screenshot here: https://share.cleanshot.com/s4c6KLKM)

The option to "Select Albums" at the bottom is also greyed out. I have tried restarting the app but nothing changes. 

So, I suppose my questions are a) Is what I am requesting possible? b) If so, how can I accomplish it, given the issues I have outlined above when I try to do so? 

Thanks a lot. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoffmacd
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

geoffmacd_0-1687818538706.jpeg

Ensure that you have given Dropbox permissions. Go to the settings app->Dropbox-Photos and ensure `All Photos` is selected so that dropbox can see your full library

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Zachary G.1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

With camera uploads, you should be able to upload the videos in your camera roll to your Dropbox automatically. 

Would you mind attaching the screenshot you linked to your next reply, as we can't access it through the link, due to security reasons?

If you can also attach some more screenshots, showing your camera uploads settings, where options are grayed out, etc, it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Zachary G.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,

This is what I see when I go to Camera Uploads. Camera roll is not empty, however. Also I don't see any other albums. Is it indeed possible to only have it upload the contents of specific albums? 

Thanks for your help. 

IMG_8980.PNG

geoffmacd
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

geoffmacd_0-1687818538706.jpeg

Ensure that you have given Dropbox permissions. Go to the settings app->Dropbox-Photos and ensure `All Photos` is selected so that dropbox can see your full library

Zachary G.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you it is now working. I'm surprised there was no message inside the app to instruct me to do that, it just looked like it wasn't working. But thanks. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zachary G.1 New member | Level 2
    geoffmacd Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?