cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Seneca M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi I've been using that COPY PUBLIC LINK from dropbox.com for years and at first it used to actually copy it to the windows copy buffer as it should.  Over the past couple of months it would pop the address as it should but it stopped being able to automatically copy to the copy buffer, but luckily i could still do it myself manually by manually selecting the text and hitting ctrl-c.  In the latest build of dropbox.com, it doesn't even list the address to the file anymore and obviously it couldn't copy to the buffer beforehands but now i can't do it manually either!  😞

so i can't share any files from dropbox.com right now!  😞  I've tried in both google chrome and firefox and same issue with both.  As for which version of windows i'm running, it's the up to date win10....   Thanks in advance.

-seneca

105 Replies 105

Peter W H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Copy  Public Link started working for me again on Tuesday -- But now (as of Thursday evening)  it is not working again.  Come on, Dropbox, what is going on?  Why can't you just fix it?    The workaround can be used but is a nuisance.  But thank you to those who have explained it in this forum.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

I think it will not work for screenshots which I need to be viewed inline in 3rd party websites.

Create a share link and follow the second link (201) that I posted above.

But now (as of Thursday evening)  it is not working again.

It's working fine for me at the moment.

Pablo f.6
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

again

will be 7 more days like this?

dw s.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Peter W H & Pablo f - same with me!  :-((

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It seems the Copy Public Link button has stopped again, but the Share button will still give you the public link. I'll poke Dropbox about it again...

dw s.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I have now found that the "Share" button (over to the right of the file name) is working in exact same way as the "Copy public link" button worked, it gives the full folder/file path and puts it to the clipboard.

Lindsay R.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Up until today, everything was fixed. Now when I have a very important customer to take care of, the "Copy public link" button has stopped working again? What is going on over there?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Lindsay, refer to my post above. Use the Share button for now.

Mike R.44
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here with the web interface. - copy public link - not working.

Nathan N.5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same here.  Please fix this issue asap.  I rely on this feature for my work.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Oscar Y. New member | Level 2
    Mohammed L.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Stefanie Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?