cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Seneca M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi I've been using that COPY PUBLIC LINK from dropbox.com for years and at first it used to actually copy it to the windows copy buffer as it should.  Over the past couple of months it would pop the address as it should but it stopped being able to automatically copy to the copy buffer, but luckily i could still do it myself manually by manually selecting the text and hitting ctrl-c.  In the latest build of dropbox.com, it doesn't even list the address to the file anymore and obviously it couldn't copy to the buffer beforehands but now i can't do it manually either!  😞

so i can't share any files from dropbox.com right now!  😞  I've tried in both google chrome and firefox and same issue with both.  As for which version of windows i'm running, it's the up to date win10....   Thanks in advance.

-seneca

105 Replies 105

Pablo f.6
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

this error ticket

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

someone opened ticket?

Why haven't you? EVERYONE having this issue should open a ticket.

Alexander C.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

... and here is the link for creating tickets:
https://www.dropbox.com/support

😉

Captain M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm with everyone else.

Great issue to have with a "file sharing" system isn't it?

Marino L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here.  I'll be using Microsoft OneDrive in the mean time.

Max F.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi. Support ticket response

-----------------------------------

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out about this! I've passed your report along to our engineering team who will endeavor to fix it.

As there is now a report with our engineering team, due to how our ticketing system works, we will need to close this support ticket. We will reach back out with any further information or questions.

We appreciate your patience in regards to this matter. In the meantime, please let us know if you any other questions or feedback.

Regards,
Clint

SEBASTIAN R.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yeah, sadly I remember their response is automatic, however before their engineers start doing something, all my 18 gigs of data will be safely moved to GoogleDrive, cuz i have no time for this crap.

Work starts in a few hours, without being able to properly share links, i'm out of options and using the app for this is not gonna help.

I could simply use an external but that would kill the purpose of having the files stored for the same purpose without copying the entire system to 50 computers.

John T.79
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I posted about this bug months ago but Dropbox weren't interested. Dropbox is on the way out folks, start moving your files elsewhere before it's too late!

Alastair G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here. Please advise as soon as this fault is sorted. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@John: That issue was different from the one that this thread is referring to.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Oscar Y. New member | Level 2
    Mohammed L.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Stefanie Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?