cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drop box is stuck at "Starting..." but files are being synced

Drop box is stuck at "Starting..." but files are being synced

pellet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The box icon on system tray stays at gray and says "Starting...". But, when files are changed on another computer, they are being synced. Should I be concerned? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

80 Replies 80

cvlk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

wow, what an incredible problem!  affecting all these people at the same time ... starting yesterday ( 08/13/2018 ).

hopefully dropbox has now taken note and is quickly coming up with a solution!!

thanks to everyone!  let's get this thing solved!  🙂

chris

Gogoarkman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox,

My Dropbox has been starting and syncing since yesterday. It has not been able to finish loading. Please refer image below.

This is the first time showing this issue. Appreciate if you could advise what is the method to resolve this.

image.png

pellet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@pellet wrote:

The box icon on system tray stays at gray and says "Starting...". But, when files are changed on another computer, they are being synced. Should I be concerned? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

It looks like a confirmed, widespread issue. Let’s give Dropbox some time to get it fixed. Hopefully soon....

4llan
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The issue is really on my work account:

[From Android]

dropbox-work-sync-issue.jpg

wpfbedford
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So since yesterday both my desktop and laptop (both win 10 64 bit) App  say "Dropbox is starting...." but it never starts. I tested that it is syncing without a problem just the icon stays greyed out and the App never starts. Running 54.4.90

I conatced tech support via email but so far they have not gotten back to me with a fix.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks 

Screenshot 2018-08-14 11.png

brandonkal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having this problem on MacOS. Files sync but Dropbox is stuck forever starting.  It looks like this issue is widespread. Please add this to you list of known issues, Dropbox.

davidbautista
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yeah, it seems like a widespread problem. I hope Dropbox fix it. Even if mine is working normally, the task icon bar is stuck in that "indexing..." thing. In Windows 10, it doesn't even appear in current tasks, like if it would be only a bug.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @wpfbedfordInitially please note that I went ahead and removed some info from your screenshot, for privacy and security purposes. 

As for your concern, due to account-specific info required to troubleshoot for this, I’d kindly recommend continuing via email. I was able to locate your open request from my side and have passed your comments along to the member of my team that's working on this with you. 

Once they have more info on this matter, they’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you. 

In the mean time, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

wpfbedford
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OK than you and thanks for removing info from the screen shot.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Initially, please note that I’ve gone ahead and removed some info from your screenshot for security and privacy purposes. 

Moving on to your concern though, I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info that may be required. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?