cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox macOS 11 Big Sur Problem: Finder Integration and Smart Sync

Dropbox macOS 11 Big Sur Problem: Finder Integration and Smart Sync

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

Dropbox version v110.3425 in macOS 11 is not showing integration in the finder menu. It is also not showing smart sync notifications in finder windows. Anyone else have this problem?

76 Replies 76

Grey_Matter
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay, 

Thanks for your help.

I followed your instructions and everything seems to be working as it was before, thank you! 

I haven't had a chance to test on all of the devices using this DropBox yet (2 iPhones, 2 iPads and a mac air) but my primary work machine is working which is the most important right now. 

Many thanks,

Karen. 

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

Tip: When dropbox icon do not appear, relaunch FINDER. (Right Click +Option is one way)  

The TIP is not very useful when you have to re-launch the finder several times a day. As a dropbox business user for almost 5 years, I am very disappointed with the current state of the software.

Tomcor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, some minor visualizations problems in desktop app here too.

Integration with finder in big surr shows menu with missing icons.

See image attached (a question dot instead the dropbox icon).

My desktop app is v113.4.507

The dropbox menu in the finder bar has no icon but a "missing signial" question dot. "menuThe dropbox menu in the finder bar has no icon but a "missing signial" question dot. "menu

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

which version of Big Sur are you running @Tomcor ?

Tomcor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @JOfE , I'm using Big Sur 11.1 !

Josh M.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Continuing to have this issue! I do not understand why randomly dropbox just stops during the day - it seems like when someone sends me a file with a link it break. Running the attached version 

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 8.11.32 AM.png

Tomcor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Situation got worse. Now dropbox menu is no more working.

Neither in the Finder Toolbar or in the Right-click-menu.

So bad 😞

Dropbox menu in Finder ToolbarDropbox menu in Finder ToolbarNo more Dropbox in Richt-click-Menu, nor Dropbox Status Icons in Finder File listsNo more Dropbox in Richt-click-Menu, nor Dropbox Status Icons in Finder File lists

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

I wasn't aware dropbox had a toolbar option in the finder in Big Sur 11.1. I am on 11.1 also and there is no Toolbar icon available. This release is a mess.

graves09
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Issue is in Finder I would say, after Force Quit and relaunch of Finder it works.

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

This has been a problem with Finder and Dropbox for some time. I suspect this is why Dropbox created there own finder-like app, limited as it is. The solution is for Apple and Dropbox to start playing nice together, or for Apple to improve its own cloud storage capabilities. I suspect the latter is the future. I restart the Finder 5 x a day to get it to recognize Dropbox. Microsoft and Google are also cloud options.

Need more support?