cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox macOS 11 Big Sur Problem: Finder Integration and Smart Sync

Dropbox macOS 11 Big Sur Problem: Finder Integration and Smart Sync

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

Dropbox version v110.3425 in macOS 11 is not showing integration in the finder menu. It is also not showing smart sync notifications in finder windows. Anyone else have this problem?

76 Replies 76

Daniel10x
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Worked like a charm. Thank you!!

JOfE
Experienced | Level 11
Go to solution

See if it stays.

ferdinandus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Indeed it works....
This keeps happening to me A LOT (a few times every day). The first time it happened (after I installed Big Sur) I contacted DB help and someone told me to delete the app, re-download and sync again - it worked very well. But soon it happened again...  I thought it was a bit 'brutal' to delete and re-install the appevery time (not to mention the first big sync).

It was obvious that the problem was the finder extension - Dropbox worked well apart from that. I found a work-around that works perfectly: everytime the tiny blue/greee/grey icons disappear and no finder extensions, I go to System Preferences > Extensions and there un-click and click again the DropBox extension. Instantly everything starts working again.

It's a bit of a pain to have to do that everytime, but it works.
I don't have many other extensions in my computer, but now I'm trying to identify if the culprit is another extension by having them all unchecked and trying to load them one by one. It's a bit tricky, because the problem appears to be ramdom.

It would be great to have a proper fix, but unchecking and checking the DB extension works!

nicksut
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Worked for me. Thank you! 

horat10
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Could be working but thats not really meant to be the Solution dear Dropbox! That's definitley no long time solution for our Company! Do something!

TonyEnglund
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

How is it going with this issue? It's been a while, and it's the same on LOADS of Macs i work with.

The easies solution i've found this far is to restart the finder app, then you get the icons back. But, as this is an old issue it should be fixed permanently.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for all your updates here everyone!

While we're looking into this issue, please submit a ticket with our Support team so that we can investigate the matter further.

You can check out your Support options here.

Also, you can let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) you receive here, so that I can follow up with you there and pass along your comments to the case too.

If you have any trouble with this, just give me a nudge here and I'll be happy to help out.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ferdinandus
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,
I've submitted a ticket with the issue. The number is Ticket #12146809.

Many thanks

Tomcor
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello @Daphne,

thankyou for your post.

As my "solution" just works temporally in my mac too, i posted a ticket hoping this can help the dropbox team to engage the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/support/ticket/12147102

Bests, Tommaso.

nicksut
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I implemented the temporary solution a week ago and, thankfully, no further issues since then. 

Need more support?