cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not uploading or syncing in android app

Files not uploading or syncing in android app

nitin194
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

For the past 2 days, My android phone app behaving abnormally. Neither it is syncing with the server nor it is allowing me to upload any files to the central server. When I add any files to the dropbox folder in my windows 10 computer it syncs properly but does not show up in my android app. After adding files directly in the app it keeps saying "Waiting to upload...". Please help me to resolve this issue. I do not use offline files on the android device.

16 Replies 16

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jewels1, thanks for the speedy reply!

Have you tried turning your camera uploads off, then on again? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Allen D.
Helpful | Level 5

I have a similar problem that has been ongoing for quite some time.

The Android app on my Pixel 7 phone,(which is fully updated) will not reliably upload photos from either the camera photo app or even within the Dropbox app itself.

DB claims lack of network even though all my other apps are functioning normally.

WiFi here is strong and working. Cellular is quite weak here but strong enough for other apps if the wifi is turned off to see if it is workable.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DB, I have rebooted and rebooted.  I have emptied cache.

Occasionally photos upload just perfectly but usually in this location (my home) at least, and sometimes in other places, the photos simply do not upload. And, no, I'm not using the automatic photo upload because I don't want all my photos uploaded. I simply want to upload selected photos to specific folders in Dropbox.

This is a very annoying problem and it has to have something to do with Dropbox because everything else works just fine.

And yes, as I said,  I have emptied the cache and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it several times so I don't know what else to do.

I have to assume this is a bug in the app such that the app is unable to detect the fact that I am sufficiently connected to the Internet and other computers in this network for all other functions including streaming video.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Allen D., thanks for the details. I think it would be best to provide this information in a ticket to the support team directly for them to investigate this in more detail on their end.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Allen D.
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks.  I did put in a ticket as suggested but in my experience it is a waste of time. 

What I see happening is that the app says the files will upload in the background.  When they do not, and I look at pending uploads, they are marked as 'paused' -- I did nto pause them and there is no way to 'unpause' them.  There used to be but every 'improvement' and 'upgrade' seems to make functions more difficult to control -- or understand.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Allen D., would you mind giving us the ticket number for that communication with our support team, so we can check it out?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number, Allen.

I passed your comments along and raised the priority of the case, so a member of our team will be reaching out to you the soonest possible.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Allen D. Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?