cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files on my computer and when I log in online not syncing with uploads from husband's computer

Files on my computer and when I log in online not syncing with uploads from husband's computer

JILLW1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,  My husband and I share folders and for years we had no trouble each uploading files so the other person could access them.  Over the past while we've started having problems - files he uploads I sometimes can see and sometimes cannot see.  I still do not see them several hours and even days after he uploads them.  I have this problem not only from my desktop Dropbox app but also when I log into Dropbox online.  I go to his computer and additional files are there in our shared folder which do not show up when I am logged in.  We have resorted to him now emailing me the files which defeats the purpose of using Dropbox.  Can you tell me what the problem is?  Thank you.  Jill

I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 11 Home, 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @JILLW1, sorry to hear about your syncing issue.

It sounds like the desktop app is not syncing normally, either on your end or on your husband's computer.

Can you take a look at the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar on both devices and let me know if they're 'up to date' or still syncing?

Do you both make sure that it's showing 'up to date' after updating the files in your shared folders?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @JILLW1, sorry to hear about your syncing issue.

It sounds like the desktop app is not syncing normally, either on your end or on your husband's computer.

Can you take a look at the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar on both devices and let me know if they're 'up to date' or still syncing?

Do you both make sure that it's showing 'up to date' after updating the files in your shared folders?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JILLW1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Walter. It looks like the app wasn't running properly on my husband's computer. The files are now uploading. I'll get in touch if we have any further issues. Thanks.
Need more support?