cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save scanned documents into specific folders?

How can I save scanned documents into specific folders?

Reesalc
Explorer | Level 3

I need to be able to scan directly into shared files.  So far I can only manage to scan into my personal file.  Doesn't seem like much of a big deal because I could move the file from there, BUT when there's over 20 scans a day, it is a big deal for what I need to accomplish because of time and training others.

Does anyone have experience with this?

19 Replies 19

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Reesalc, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Are you perhaps using the mobile app to scan your documents?

If so, you should be able to navigate within a specific folder before tapping the "+" icon and scanning a document. This will upload the file within the folder you were within.

Otherwise, after scanning the document there is an option to choose which location to save your scans to. After confirming your scanned image, you should see the option at the bottom of the next screen.

If you're scanning files differently, please let me know a brief step-by-step of the method you're using.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Reesalc
Explorer | Level 3

Daphne,

I have a laptop with a portable Epson scanner attached.  I am using the Internet version of Dropbox, not an app.

Reesalc
Explorer | Level 3

I figured out how to do what I need to do!  Thank you

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

I'm really glad to hear that @Reesalc!

Sorry that my reply didn't quite hit the mark there, but I'm happy that you worked it out on your side. :grin:

If you need anything else, feel free to give me a nudge here.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

David Geller
New member | Level 2

What did you do to fix it? I am having same issues. I am trying to setup a company wide scanning box and so far can only scan to my personal Dropbox. I figured there must be a Dropbox setting to allow this, but don’t know what 

Reesalc
Explorer | Level 3
We installed Dropbox on our laptops and we synced the files so they are available offline as well. That allows us to save directly to the file or using send to Dropbox we can choose the folder from there. Hope it helps you as well!

Theresa

RickyW
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I am also facing the exact same problem. It wasn't like this in the past.

Basically I can go down to my personal folder and its sub-folders.

I can even save it on the Company's folder, but not on the subfolder of it. I am not even able to open up the subfolders. This is very frustrating and I ended up and to save it in my personal folder first when i scan on my phone , and then to manually move it once I'm on my pc.

Can you help?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RickyW, thanks for the nudge on this thread.

Can you please give us some more info on the issue, like how you're scanning the files?

Are you using the Dropbox mobile app to scan them? Or are you on the desktop app?

Any additional info would be really helpful.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RickyW
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I'm using iphone 13. It's showing "Recent Folders". Below that it's showing "All Folders", this is where I can only expound on my personal folder, but not having the option to open the work folder.

In my other iphone (SE), the option to save in another folder is available. It gives few folders under "Save Location"  and at the bottom there's a button that says "Choose Another Folder", from which i can go to either my personal or work/shared folder.

I can share you screenshot but I'd prefer to not post it in an open forum like this. Perhaps you can send me an email?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    RickyW Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?