cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to UNHIDE folders? Accidental mistake

How to UNHIDE folders? Accidental mistake

makugx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I accidentally hid my folders.

I was trying for folders to update and I accidentally selected all these folders to be hidden on my PC from the dropbox SYNC settings.

I dont know how to bring em back.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@makugx wrote:

I was trying for folders to update and I accidentally selected all these folders to be hidden on my PC from the dropbox SYNC settings.

Are you referring to Selective Sync? If so, you didn't hide the folders; you removed them from your local drive. Don't worry though, as the folders will still be in your account online. Just go back into the Selective Sync settings and check the folders again. Give it time to sync and it will download all the folders back to your local drive. If they're large or you have a lot of folders it will take time, so be patient.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@makugx wrote:

Are you referring to Selective Sync? If so, you didn't hide the folders; you removed them from your local drive. Don't worry though, as the folders will still be in your account online. Just go back into the Selective Sync settings and check the folders again. Give it time to sync and it will download all the folders back to your local drive. If they're large or you have a lot of folders it will take time, so be patient.

makugx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Rich!

Denat
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Rich, 

I am unable to see the removed folders on my Dropbox app on my mac. Is there another setting i can access select the removed folders online? 

I am currently going to Preferences > Sync > Select folders

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Denat wrote:

I am unable to see the removed folders on my Dropbox app on my mac.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you've removed folders from your computer using Selective Sync, then they won't be on your computer anymore. Or are you saying that the folders are no longer listed when you open the Selective Sync settings?

That window shows all of the folders in your account. If you don't see a folder listed, it's not in your account online (under normal circumstances). Are you saying that you've verified that a folder is in your account online but not visible in the Selective Sync window?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Denat New member | Level 2
    makugx New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?