cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Dropbox preferences in Windows 11

How to access Dropbox preferences in Windows 11

jkj1
New member | Level 2
Hi folks, I use Windows 11 and somehow ticked automatic backup of computer files into Dropbox. Tried to change this in preferences but I am not sure how to access Dropbox preferences in Windows 11. Any help as to how to stop automatic back up or accessing preferences is much appreciated. JKJ1
17 Replies 17

Robinb91
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the exact same problem on four machines or from windows to window 11 Pro and two windows 10 pro the exact same thing he is seeing

I want to move the files from the c drive to d drive but I can’t see the preference for the sink options. How do you fix this?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Robinb91, have you tried using Ctrl+Click on the Dropbox icon in the system tray to access the preferences? From there you can choose the Dropbox folder location in the Sync tab.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Butch W.
New member | Level 2

I see it at the very bottom right, right next to the up arrow. I's a blue icon that looks like a stylized vee.

dneuman126
Explorer | Level 4

I tried everything: Reinstalled Dropbox app, scaled to 100%, opened with Ctrl-click. Nothing. Dropbox works, but there is no way to access preferences to change my synch options or to change the drive. When I open Dropbox, no matter how I access it, I only can see the files in it.

Rich
Super User II

@dneuman126 wrote:

I tried everything: Reinstalled Dropbox app, scaled to 100%, opened with Ctrl-click. Nothing. Dropbox works, but there is no way to access preferences to change my synch options or to change the drive.

Tried the legacy menu? CTRL-left-click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.

050834e0145066537f1bb31370f612ad.png

dneuman126
Explorer | Level 4

Yes. Nothing. Now I even uninstalled Dropbox, reinstalled it and that allowed me to choose my new drive. But I still cannot get access to preferences or sync because there is no avatar. I used to have it, but not any more.

dneuman126
Explorer | Level 4

My Bad: So I have the Dropbox icon in two locations on my taskbar. If I ignore the main icon and move all the way to my right on the taskbar, there is another B&W icon for Dropbox that allows me to sync and set preferences.

Rich
Super User II

@dneuman126 wrote:

My Bad: So I have the Dropbox icon in two locations on my taskbar. If I ignore the main icon and move all the way to my right on the taskbar, there is another B&W icon for Dropbox that allows me to sync and set preferences.

The first icon to the left is just to launch the application if it's not already running, or it will open the folder. The smaller icon in your system tray is the actual application, which is the one you use to access the main Dropbox menus.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    dneuman126 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?