cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ensure a file (or folder) is held on both my computer hard drive and in Dropbox?

How to ensure a file (or folder) is held on both my computer hard drive and in Dropbox?

John Howkins1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ive checked DB help and community and cannot discover how to keep a MS word file in DB and on my computer hard drive. I'm told I have to sync it but cannot discover how. I'm running OSX Ventura 13.4 on a MacBook. Maybe these don't support what I want. Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@John Howkins1 wrote:

Is it right that everything on my DB folder on my computer is also in my DB folder online? And if I remove it from either the computer DB folder or the online folder, then it is deleted from both?  

Correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @John Howkins1 

Have you installed Dropbox? www.dropbox.com/downloading

If so once you download and install everything on Dropboox will also be on your computer in the \Dropbox directory. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

John Howkins1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for this. I have already got DP on my computer. Is it right that everything on my DB folder on my computer is also in my DB folder online? And if I remove it from either the computer DB folder or the online folder, then it is deleted from both?  

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@John Howkins1 wrote:

Is it right that everything on my DB folder on my computer is also in my DB folder online? And if I remove it from either the computer DB folder or the online folder, then it is deleted from both?  

Correct.

John Howkins1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John Howkins1 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?