cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync all files/folders moved to Dropbox as online-only

How to sync all files/folders moved to Dropbox as online-only

Charsiu
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All,

So, what I'm trying to achieve is getting all files/folders I've moved over automatically set to Online only without having to manually go in 'Manage Hard Drive Space", select the folder and mark as online only.

Is there a way to do this? I do understand that if another Team member has uploaded, it will be online only for me. However, the Team member who uploaded will have to manually put in the folder into Online only.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Charsiu, thanks for reaching out to us.

If I understand correctly, you've moved some files to your Dropbox folder to sync them to your account and you'd like them to sync as online-only automatically.

This is not possible, because in order for the files to sync to your account for the first time, they'll need to be in their original version, taking up space.

Once they're fully synced, you can select them, right-click and switch them to online-only.

I hope this clarifies things, but if I misunderstood or if you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Charsiu, thanks for reaching out to us.

If I understand correctly, you've moved some files to your Dropbox folder to sync them to your account and you'd like them to sync as online-only automatically.

This is not possible, because in order for the files to sync to your account for the first time, they'll need to be in their original version, taking up space.

Once they're fully synced, you can select them, right-click and switch them to online-only.

I hope this clarifies things, but if I misunderstood or if you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?