cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error (403)

I am getting an error 403 when accessing a link through an email. Can you help?

Larry G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I clicked on a link from an email to open a file and it took me to an error page that said I should sign in. I am signed in.
I was able to open this file two days ago and now I can't.
Help, please.

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As has been said lots of times, the link is wrong. 

Ask the person you got it off to give you a correct one. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jo S.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have signed in. I can see our group dropbox within my list. Clicking on any item within the dropbox, I get the error 403.

What can I do?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Wait the ban out. 

Pay for an upgrade on the account that is failing. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

D E.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What?  Pay for an upgrade?  Why?  I always worked before.....

K. Kee
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Whenever I try to retreive my files on dropbox, I always get a message of saying "error (403)" with my laptop. How can I solve this problem?

Nicholas K.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Having same problem using latest version of Chrome on Windows 7 Pro. My colleague does not have this problem on his computer using latest version of Chrome on Windows 7 Pro. Only way I can find to avoid this issue is to login to my dropbox account using IE11. I have already tried resetting Chrome and my Google account for signing into Chrome.

Nicholas K.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have a fix for this on Chrome. It's a cookies problem! I needed to specifically unblock cookies originating from *.dropbox.com. NB. even if you have allowed www.dropbox.com you will still get Error 403.

1. Click the cookies icon with the red square and white cross:
  2. Click Manage Cooking blocking...
  3. Choose to Allow [*.]dropbox.com
  4. Reload the dropbox.com website so that cookies can be reset.
  5. And that's it! It should work now.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?