cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Camera Upload

Issues with Camera Upload

Pc2fire
New member | Level 2

I’ve been having issues with my Camera Upload feature in my IOS Dropbox App. Usually when I open the app on my iPhone X, Dropbox will start locating the photos that it hasn’t uploaded yet and start uploading them. Now, it just reads “Starting camera uploads….Looking for photos” but nothing ever happens. I’ve tried closing/re-opening the app, deleting the app/re-installing, updating my IOS, deleting other photo cloud apps (Google Photos), and even upgrading to Dropbox Plus. None of these attempts have help solve my problem. Does anyone have any advice?

45 Replies 45

Scott B.52
Helpful | Level 5

I have been having the same issues since june 3.,  i hope they are working on a fix.  if not the app is useless for me.  

Scott B.52
Helpful | Level 5

I am pretty sure the issue is with the location services.   This happened a few years ago and the same thing appears to be happening.

varenc
Helpful | Level 6

Same issue.  Disabling and re-enabling Camera Uploads "fixed" the issue. This happened soon after I updated that app.

Though looking at the Camera Uploads history, I can see that some photos were uploaded even when the Dropbox app was stuck on "scanning your photo library".  So the bug seems more UI related and doesn't impact the actual functionality.

Still a super frustrating experience.  Makes me want to avoid updating the Dropbox app when I already have it working just fine.  Please dogfood more.  (Aren't DBX employees forced to run the beta version of the app still? 🙃 )

Kiwiria
Explorer | Level 4

I have the same issue. Worked fine until middle of last week (July 20th), but now it's just stuck on "Scanning library".  I've tried everything suggested, plus toggling location services - no dice. I can still upload manually, but it's a hassle - would far prefer the automatic sync to work again.

Scott B.52
Helpful | Level 5

did you restart the device in between disabling and enabling the camera uploads?  

ChristianL
Explorer | Level 4

I had the same problem, and "fixed" it by disabling camera uploads in the app, then re-enabling it. This seems like a bug in the recent versions of the app, as it has been working perfectly until 1-2 weeks ago, with no change to the app's settings.

Scott B.52
Helpful | Level 5

I tried disable camera uploads and then re-enabling them but still doesn't work.  

TN2MN
New member | Level 2

Same, that worked for me. Managed to get it 'unstuck' by turning off/on the camera uploads in Dropbox settings.

tomwald
New member | Level 2

I just started having this problem too. I thought it was because I had so many new photos, but after running it uninterrupted for 10+ hours, I figured something else might be wrong.

Sounds like it's an outright bug that needs to be fixed by Dropbox, right?

Trader67
Helpful | Level 6

I also have this problem, have previously described it in detail here together with a quick but tedious workaround (sign out of Dropbox on your phone, sign in again and then run the Camera Uploads setup again).
Clearly it's a Dropbox / iOS issue, so isn't going to be fixed by reinstalling, re-enabling etc etc etc.
Have to wait for Dropbox to sort it out I suppose.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    kida New member | Level 2
    jesseCambridge New member | Level 2
    AJS Explorer | Level 4
    Ade704 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?