cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing links - no access

Sharing links - no access

alex112
Explorer | Level 3

I am sharing a folder and I have the share permissions set to "only people invited" and the link permissions to "only people invited have access". However, when I send the link to someone who has access to the folder, they are unable to open the folder, they are taken to a webpage that says "You don't have access. Ask the person who shared the link to invite you directly". Even though they have already been invited. 

For example, I have invited [removed per the Dropbox Community's Guidelines] to a folder, he has access to it when he signs into his Dropbox. But then when I copy the link to the folder and send it to him in an email it says he does not have access to the Dropbox folder because he hasn't been invited.  

Has anyone else encountered this? Would love to fix this so I can just email out the link instead of reminding everyone to log into their Dropbox and check the shared folder every time I add new documents.

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @alex112, thanks for reaching out and happy Friday!

Is it possible that the person you sent the link to, is opening it while logged in to a different Dropbox account than the one you invited to the folder?

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

alex112
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah, unfortunately that isn't the case. See attached image. [email address removed as per the Dropbox Community's Guidelines] has been invited and they are logging in
with the correct account.

1.jpg

Jay
Dropbox Staff
The image indicates that most likely the shared link wasn't sent to the correct email address. 

Could you confirm that you've added them as a member when viewing the shared link settings?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    alex112 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?