cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dropbox links directly in explorer (windows) or in finder (mac)

Open dropbox links directly in explorer (windows) or in finder (mac)

climberfx
Helpful | Level 5

This is the most important request ever! And it should be already implemented.

Is to open dropbox links directly in explorer (windows) or in finder (mac), independent where the link is, whatsapp, slack, messenger, skype, any of then.

Is a link, when i click today,. it always open the browser (Edge on Win and Safari on Mac), but should have an option, or in my point of view, the defult should be open in explorer/win and finder/mac. That is the way it should be. You can ask any computer user, and i know a lot ask for this and post helps about it.

So, why still isn't like that?

And most important, can you please do it fast?

All community will give you a lot of love and more subscriptions back.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to our Community, @climberfx!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this. I’ve passed your comments to the relevant team, as well. 

In the meantime, what you can do is to use the Open button on the website instead, to help you open the files from your shared links directly on the desktop app. You can check out this page for more info on this feature. 

I’ll be here, if you need something else.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

climberfx
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Nancy. Thank you by your reply and suggestion.

But this is a to narrow solution. I use Edge on Windows and Safari on Mac, and even if it worked like that on all browsers, still a click away from direct approach.

Hope your team see it as a major implementation, maybe have that option to open in browser as a second (or on finder/explorer as a second) option directly, when i have the links on my Dropbox, and go automatically to browser when i do not have the files in the link on my Dropbox. That would be perfect!

Thank you, dreaming this on the future Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

climberfx Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?