cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

Os X 10.13 High Sierra & Smart Sync

duanstokes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

There's a lot of posts about possible issues with OS X High Sierra and Smart Sync. 

We use dropbox a lot and have only recently enabled Smart Sync for all users in the team. Can someone from Dropbox confirm what the status of Smart Sync with 10.13 is, we can't upgrade our system software unless Dropbox will work... 

Cheers

Duan

69 Replies 69

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey parker1 

I hope you’re doing well today, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Community on your syncing-related issue  & welcome aboard! 

As you’ve mentioned that you’ve already emailed our team on this matter, I’d like to ask you a ticket ID to reference. I’d appreciate it if you included it in your next post here, so as to make sure to review the case internally. 

Secondly, based on your description, I gather that you’ve already run some tests on the behavior on your end. Because you’ve mentioned that you’re experiencing a latency while syncing your files to your account online (while using Smart sync?), could you include some more details or your findings while researching here, so that I see if I can reproduce on my end? 

- benniii: Hey there, are you experiencing an issue enabling Smart Sync on your System Preferences? As our top-level team technicians are currently investigating the root causes of this issue, have you been able to get in touch through our Official Support Channel by any chance? 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

ibizwu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jane,

I too have contacted the official support but the support person knew nothing of this issue and asked me to try various things such as installing. I eventually gave up because she really couldn't help and seem to understand the issue which is why i turned to the forum. 

My ticket info is: Ticket #7562661

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We too are seeing the same exact problems. We are now in High Sierra 10.13.3 using Dropbox app v43.4.50. Problems still persist with Smart Sync and sycronization. I believe there are screenshots to this discussion you can reference.

Brian B.39
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Is this happening while using VNC to remote into the machines or is it also happening when sitting at the keyboard?
In my case I was using VNC with all of the machines.

ibizwu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It's as soon as you install it. Even on a freshly built machine.

ibizwu
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
and it's not while connected to any remote service such as VNC.

monaronyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

YES! We know about the VNC problem. Found that out the HARD WAY! But yes, problem is when the app asks you to enable in System Preferences, and nothing is there to enable. Per Screenshot:

large.png

KarlaWebster
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am also having this issue. Running 10.13.3 on macs (and I manage 80 of them!) with Dropbox v44.3.52
On several machines I've wiped the harddrive and reinstalled high-sierra and then downloaded fresh versions of Dropbox. This is unacceptable. Please fix.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping me updated here! 

ibizwu: As your previous ticket was automatically closed, I’ve made sure to create a new support request on our system on your behalf, so as to look into the matter together.

At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know if you have any issues locating the reply, so that I make sure to send that again? 

monaronyc &  KarlaWebster: You may keep in mind that this thread is currently actively monitored by Ross S., who is a product expert, when it comes to the desktop application functionality. I’d happily work on a specific example with you (& send your requests to a more specialized team member if necessary) though through our Official Support system if you let me know a ticket ID here. 

Again, I appreciate your patience during our investigation & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jcourtneycozero
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As with Karla, I manage a fleet of 30 MBP/iMacs and we are seeing this issue on fresh installs.

* High Sierra 10.13.3

* Dropbox app v43.4.52

It's really not acceptable to be not providing some prominent advice and acknowledgement of the issue *directly* from Dropbox.

Need more support?